Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pox Isolation-Days 2 & 3

Day 2 was more exciting. We had guests who helped create distraction for everyone and brought yummy snacks and desperately needed toilet paper. The night was pretty rough. Avery slept from 11:30 pm until 3:30 am waking twice. The babies did their normal 60-90 minute wakings. I slept from 11:30 until midnight when Finley woke me. Avery watched movies from 4:30-6:30am while I lay (lied?) with the babies.

Day 3 includes Logan feeling just fine and... drum roll please...... reading on his own for the first time in his life. He is reading Calvin and Hobbes in the hammock while eating ice cream. This is a start people and I'll take it.


I always thought that independently directed learning was best. But I am so not up for homeschooling so Logan needs to follow the plan set up for the "average" child by the public school. It isn't fully working for him. Perhaps he just needs to be bored more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Until I was in high school I read only Calvin & Hobbes, Sports Illustrated for Kids, and Star Trek paperbacks. Eventually it took me 10 years to get through college.

-Ben