Monday, August 10, 2009


There were plenty of toilets!

We stayed at the quietest campground I have ever been in. Usually there are people up until all hours of the night but we were by far the loudest people. Tiny little sites, but the people were so very quiet. Lots of childless couples who didn’t want to pay $250 a night for a hotel room. Snooty Canadian lesbian couples who were very anal and clearly horrified by our loud (but happy) dirty, half dressed children. Cathy says everyone from Ontario is like that. And then many other families like ours who were out of the campground by 7 am and not back until half an hour before throwing the kids to bed. It was nice to park the car and travel only by bike all week. Avery ended up riding in the cargo hold of the bike trailer. The two babies (27 and 28 lbs) and Avery’s 47 lbs were easily handled and a lot faster than waiting for Avery to get up or down hills on her own bike.

Playing on the jetty at 6am in our pajamas.

The babies and Logan napped every day on the beach. One day they all napped. The water was cold and clear. The crowded beach very rocky but full of all types of families. Kids from every continent running around with their two dads or two moms. I, of course, ended talking mostly with a straight woman who was there photographing the colage week. She'd left her breast-fed 18 month old home and this was her weaning trip. Each day I’d inquire about her breasts. I got to wander Commercial Street early in the morning with the babies. Good window shopping, I got to know the trash guys who entertained the babies and I didn’t have any crowds to deal with at 6am.

At Herring Cove.

Logan, Avery and Cathy went on a whale watch. Logan and Avery visited the candy store daily. We wandered the jetty and explored under the rocks. Each day was full of lots of nothing. Perfect.


Then the first day back was Logan’s first trip to Fenway Park. We ended up getting to hang out on top of the Green Monstah. Awesome! I’d never been up there. (Okay, I’d also never been to the park sober before, so the whole thing was a different experience.) And we ended up on TV when a ball hit the wall right below us. The Paw Sox lost. We are going to McCoy Stadium in two weeks so maybe we’ll get to see them win then.

No comments: