Thursday, May 8, 2008

Believe

This video was put together by a woman I know on-line. I wish I could have every woman who is pregnant with twins see it. One year ago I was buying into the "60% of twins are born by cesarean" fears. I was submitting to the several times weekly non-stress tests and ultrasounds because I was "high risk" simply because there were two babies, not because there really was an increased risk. I was uncomfortable and scared. I'll always regret that I spent those 48 hours being induced- tired, hungry and demoralized. It made me not trust my body because I was doing everything against my body. In the end, the babies births were just fine- but the hoops I needed to jump to let that happen were not reasonable.

I hope you find this both inspirational and that it can someday just be the norm, not the exception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50

No comments: