Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Never say Never

If 3 years ago you had told me I would have a 7 month old who sleeps in a cage, is fed processed baby food from a jar, wore disposable diapers 30% of the time and that I would leave for 4 hours so I could see Disney Princesses on Ice, I would have laughed. It was so far from my reality.

And yet, here I am with not one, but two, 7 month olds with whom I have done just that. We have two cribs set up and in a month I hope to be able to say that I have slept for 2 hours at a stretch! Two hours Meryl, that’s all I’m asking for!

As for the food. They like it so much better than table food and it is soooooo easy. Same for disposable diapers. A kid can wear one for hours and hours. Try that with cloth and you'll end up with wet clothes and a sore tush.


Meryl in her new cage. I mean crib.

2 comments:

Ruth & Charlie said...

Hey Heather you are doing a GREAT job loving and caring for 7 month old twins, and two older kids!!! I am glad they both have their own crib...I wish you the best on the sleeping

Ben said...

Micah also wears disposable diapers about 30 percent of the time, it must be genetic. (Of course he's naked the other 70 percent of the time, but we're working on that.)